The course is designed to support those who wish to develop their mentoring skills, to understand the role of the Mentor, to develop the interpersonal skills required to become an effective mentor as well as developing reflection as a learning tool. It supports participants to develop skills in a safe and positive environment. The course supports the FAs strategic goal to raise standards.
The course will address the following:
- Understanding the role of the Mentor and principles of effective mentoring.
- Understanding and appreciating the required interpersonal skills of the Mentor.
- Exploring strategies for mentoring.
- Demonstrating the ability to use core mentoring interpersonal skills, observation, giving accurate feedback, active listening, questioning and reflection.
- Understanding mentoring assessment, feedback, and goal setting processes.
- Considering the importance of reflection as a tool for learning
- Exploring CPD and reflective Action Planning opportunities for Mentors to consider their future development.
For further details and information on the course, please view the related documents section of this page.