Northumberland FA Futsal Community Cups 2014 are the perfect way to join in the Brazilian spirit this summer while getting fit and enjoying a fast and fun format of football.
Futsal originates from Brazil and is the fastest growing indoor sport in the world. It is also the only format of small sided football recognised by FIFA and UEFA.
Whether you are a group of existing players or a group of mates who want to give something new a try, Futsal is for you.
The main rule differences are:
- Played to dead-ball lines (no side boards/ball can go out of play)
- Smaller heavier ball for quick passing and tricks
- No head-height
- Players can go anywhere on court (no box restrictions)
- Teams are permitted 5 fouls before 10yard penalties are awarded for every foul after 5 (promotes fair-play)
- Rolling substitutions (Play does not have to stop to make a sub. Players can go on and off multiple times)
Newcastle West Cup at Kenton School running Thursday's 1st May - 5th June.
Newcastle East Cup at Coach Lane Sports Centre running Tueday's 22nd July - 26th August.
Only £30 per team entry (no other fees payable), teams are welcome to enter one or both cups.
Entries are limited and are on first come first served basis.
Deadline for entries for Newcastle West Cup is Monday 21st April.
Deadline for entries for Newcastle East Cup is Sunday 13th July.
Please contact David.Jones@northumberlandfa.com for more information.