FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF)
Minimum Age: 16 years
Course Duration: One day
Leading To: The FA Level 3 Emergency Medical First Aid in Football (EMFAiF)View available dates
The overall aim of The FA Level 2 Emergency First Aid in Football (EFAiF) is to raise the standard of first aid provision within football.
It goes beyond generic first aid and includes elements specific to football.
To book a course near you, please click 'Find dates'. Please note that learners will need to adhere to the latest Covid-19 safety guidelines to attend this course; details will be sent to you prior to your course starting.
We will be launching more EFAiF courses throughout the 22/23 season.
If you want to be the first to know when new courses are released in different areas, please complete the form below.
The course will cover:
- The role of the First Aider in football
- The jaw thrust as an airway opening technique for a contact sport such as football
- The A-E approach of the injured footballer (inclusive of the unconscious footballer)
- Emergency Action planning for football Preparation for action for sudden cardiac arrest in the young
- Recognition, BLS with AED
- The FA Concussion guidelines and concussion management from a first aid perspective for football
- Dispelling the myths of first aid in football
- The football specific first aid kit and record keeping
- Duty of care in football
- Medical emergencies in football
- Focusing on those illnesses that can lead to life threatening injuries in football
- Limb threatening injuries in football
- Wounds and bleeding / Fracture management for football
- Acute soft tissue injury management in football
- Spinal injuries in football, manual in line stabilisation and assisting the ambulance crew with a log roll
- Paediatric elements to all of the above
Course Pre-requisitesThe course is applicable to coaches, team managers, parents, teachers, volunteers and carers
To provide a you with the knowledge, practical skills and confidence to:
- Attend a conscious or unconscious casualty
- Ensure that appropriate care is given until the emergency medical services arrive and take over, or until an alternate healthcare professional assumes responsibility for the casualty
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
We adhere to a strict booking policy and by enrolling onto our course you agree to have read and agree to be bound by our policies and procedures.
Terms and Conditions
For further information please contact Coach Education Officer Gary Middleton on:
Mobile : 07736 924860