Football Development Officer (Disability)
Salary: £25,000 pro-rata (Part-Time, 17.5 hours per week)
3 year fixed term post (subject to successful annual performance review)
Northumberland FA would like to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced applicants to increase football participation for people with a disability, through the creation of recreational opportunities with clear exit routes into sustainable affiliated structures delivered in partnership with local stakeholders.
The key areas of work for the Football Development Officer (Disability) will be as follows:
- Unite the game locally through the strategic coordination of all disability football provision and investment across the project area, influencing key partners to align provision and investment to positively impact the priority areas of delivery for disability football;
- Support and build links with local partners especially disability service providers, to add value to the project and to identify new target audiences of disabled people;
- Facilitate an increase in participation within disability football by developing recreational turn up and play centres targeting new and lapsed players;
- Strengthen existing, and create new male and female disability teams plus playing opportunities;
- Deliver a comprehensive and inclusive disability coach and volunteer education programme to support the local disability football workforce;
- Raise the profile of good news stories and the range of disability football opportunities across the pathway;
- Identify and support players to access the disability football talent pathway and support players exiting the pathway to participate within grassroots programmes.
You need to be passionate, able to deliver a high quality programme meeting multiple deadlines, work in a team and demonstrate individual initiative.
You should also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have experience in sports development.
To apply, submit you’re CV and Covering Letter marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to: Lynn Barber, Administration Department, Northumberland FA, Whitley Park, Whitley Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9FA.or email: Lynn.Barber@northumberlandfa.com
The closing date for applications is: Tuesday 30th July 2019.
Shortlisting will be complete by: Tuesday 6th August 2019.
Interviews will take place week commencing: 12th August 2019 at Northumberland FA.
Marketing & Communications Officer
Salary: £21,000 pro-rata + Benefits (Part-Time - 21 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to undertake the role as Marketing and Communications Officer for Northumberland FA, a key role situated within our business development unit. We are requesting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with a desire to deliver excellence to join our organisation.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To have creative input on Northumberland FA’s social media channels to further improve their customer perception.
- Contribute to raising the profile and the perception of the CFA delivering our Customer excellence strategy.
- Embed digital marketing across delivery to raise the awareness of the business products/service.
- To have input on, and support the creation of, new promotional material promoting Northumberland FA and the work it does.
- Establish a marketing and communication strategy for Northumberland FA events and execute when necessary.
- Review and further establish Northumberland FA branding, prioritising innovation and consistency across all aspects of the business.
- Establish links with local and national media to further promote the work of the Association.
- Utilise insight to make informed business decisions. Work with the Senior Management Team to identify and provide insight of the business.
- To be responsible for all marketing communications and branded marketing collateral. Manage external and internal publications to ensure consistency of message and maximise efficiency.
- Manage, maintain and develop the Association's website, ensuring it remains a central resource for the dissemination of information to all stakeholders
- To develop and deliver a Social Media strategy to help increase followers and engagement rates across all County FA social channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube).
For a discussion about this role, please contact Andrew Rose-Cook on 07921 144906 or Andrew.Cook@northumberlandfa.com
The successful candidate will be subject to a six month probationary period. The role is mainly office based however, with the expectation of travel in around the County boundaries including occasional evening and weekend work to meet the needs of the organisation and our customers.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter with details of your current salary in an email marked ‘Ref: Marketing & Communications Officer’ to Lynn.Barber@Northumberlandfa.com
The closing date for applications is 30th July 2019
Interviews will take place at Northumberand FA, Whitley Park, Whitley Road, NE12 9FA the week commencing Monday 12th August 2019.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us by Tuesday 6th August 2019, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Northumberland FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.