Executive Officer, Northumberland FA
Competitive salary based on experience
Northumberland FA is seeking to recruit a dynamic Executive Officer who reports directly to the Board of Directors, via the Chair and who will lead an award-winning governing body of sport and associated team of staff.
The successful applicant will:
- Spearhead the strategic direction and culture of Northumberland FA, as agreed by The Board of Directors, and act as an ambassador for football in Northumberland.
- Ensure Northumberland FA works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic objectives.
- Lead the day to day running of the Northumberland FA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy.
- Work with the Board of Directors, and Northumberland County FA Council on matters relating to workforce, finance, corporate governance, football development, football services, marketing, communications, Sponsorship, public relations, customer service, health & safety and risk management.
- Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout Northumberland FA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
- Attract increased investment into both the Northumberland FA and football in Northumberland by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the Northumberland FA brand amongst stakeholders.
- Orchestrate delivery of The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders and enhance Northumberland FA's major priorities:
- Providing a high-quality introduction to football,
- Supporting the County FA’s current, Clubs, Leagues and Referees
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players’ needs,
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants,
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce, and volunteers
- Developing sustainable football facilities.
- Changing Lives through football
The successful applicant will need to be a compassionate leader, passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. There will be a need to demonstrate the delivery of exceptional customer service and be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
Please download the Role Profile here.
The post is full-time (35 hours per week) and is based at Northumberland FA’s head office at Whitley Park, Whitley Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne. NE12 9FA. The role is Monday – Friday but will include evenings and weekends.
Application Closing Date: 5pm Monday 16th March 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 26th March 2020
For more information about the role, please contact Steve Ord
E Mail email@example.com
To apply for the job please complete a CV and a covering letter explaining how you are suitable for the role and how you meet the role profile - Skills, knowledge and experience sections.
Please email your covering letter and CV, marked Private & Confidential – EO Job Applications to: Steve Ord. Whitley Park, Whitley Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne. NE12 9FA.
Northumberland FA is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk. All eligible roles are subject to a DBS check.
Northumberland FA is committed to achieving equality and fairness in employment and service delivery. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Due to the number of applications we receive for these vacancies we are unable to respond to everyone and as such if you have not heard from us by Tuesday 24th March 2020 you should consider that you have not been selected for interview.