Head of Compliance - (Designated Safeguarding Officer)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to undertake a key role as Head of Compliance for Northumberland FA, leading our safeguarding and disciplinary service. We are requesting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with a desire to deliver excellence to join our organisation.
Salary: £28,000 + Benefits (Full Time)
Key responsibilities will be:
- Refer to FA Case Management child protection and vulnerable adults abuse concerns, from NFA, and take action(s) in accordance with FA safeguarding regulations, policy and procedures, and as agreed with The FA Safeguarding Team.
- Ensure all referrals, from NFA, are recorded on the ‘ELSA’ case management system and securely retained in accordance with FA regulations, policies and data protection legislation
- Deal with all poor practice concerns relating to children and vulnerable adults in NFA , in accordance with FA regulations, safeguarding policy, procedures and disciplinary processes; providing guidance to clubs and leagues, recording concerns on ELSA and seeking guidance from the FA Safeguarding Team as required.
- Ensure that NFA are compliant with safeguarding legislation e.g. Data Protection, Children’s Act, Sexual Offences Act, Protection of Freedoms Act (Criminal Record Checks) and the Governments ‘Working Together guidance 2018’.
- Strategically manage an effective designated persons network in both NFA; liaising with the Local Authority Designated Officer(s), Children’s Social Care, Police Child Protection Team(s) and supporting youth league and club welfare officers to be compliant with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
- To address poor behaviour and raise standards in grassroots football in both NFA.
- Performance manage the Discipline Officer to meet all relevant targets
- Set and Maintain Departmental budgets.
- Contribute to Senior management meetings.
For a discussion about this role, please contact John Ackerley on 0191 270 0700 or John.Ackerley@northumberlandfa.com
The successful candidate will be subject to a six month probationary period.
As this role involves regulated activity with children or young people under the age of 18, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a Criminal Records Check to ensure their suitability for the role.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter with details of your current salary in an email marked ‘Ref: Head of Compliance ’ to Rachel Carter@northumberlandfa.com
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 21 May 2019.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us by 3 June 2019, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Northumberland FA is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.