Welcome to our vacancies page
Job Advert: Designated Safeguarding Officer
Job Title: Designated Safeguarding Officer
Location: Whitley Park, Whitley Road, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9FA
Salary: £26,000.00 per annum
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 17:00 on 27 April 2022
Vacancy Type: Full-Time fixed contract until 30 June 2024 (extension dependent on funding).
Northumberland FA is committed to using the power of football to inspire, unite and create opportunities for all. These are exciting times for County FA as we have as we embark on our new grassroots football strategy for the next three years from July 2021. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County FA to deliver this.
You can find out more about Northumberland FA and the work we do on our website at www.northumberlandfa.com
Northumberland FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and the information provided.
Northumberland FA is looking for a driven, safeguarding professional to operationally drive our commitment to raising safeguarding standards across the grassroots game in Northumberland, North Tyneside & Newcastle upon Tyne.
Please see the person specification for a full outline of what we are looking for in terms of skills, experience, and qualifications.
- To support delivery of The FA Grassroots Football Strategy and Northumberland Football Association Business Strategy.
- To manage the Northumberland Football Association safeguarding work, in line with legislation, FA safeguarding policy, procedures, regulations, standards and guidance.
- To manage safeguarding and child and adults at risk protection concerns in a timely manner and in line with FA requirements and guidance.
- To significantly contribute to implementing and maintaining The FA’s Safeguarding 365 Standard for County FAs and driving safer practice and culture in grassroots football.
- To support the adoption of FA technology systems across grassroots football.
- To comply with FA rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidance that are in place from time to time.
What we can offer
- A great start to your career in football with the local governing body of the grassroots game here in the heart of the County.
- Opportunities to progress your career across the County FA Network throughout England and at The FA.
- Access to high-quality training, networking, and personal development opportunities.
- A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
- Holiday entitlement outside of bank holidays and the festive period.
- Full staff NIKE kit.
- Enrolment in a pension scheme with
- Flexible working and home working available
- Access to an employee’s assistance programme (EAP)
- Professional development budget
Equality and Diversity
Northumberland FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Complete the Application Form found here and return no later than 17:00 on Wednesday 27 April 2022. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Friday 06 May 2022 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be held on Monday 16 May 2022 and Tuesday 17 May 2022; we will attempt to accommodate any requests.
- If required, second interviews may be held to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Dean Buckle (Head of Compliance & Inclusion) for an informal discussion at Dean.Buckle@northumberlandfa.com or mobile 07458 043 678