An FA Appeals board today (26 July 2018) adjudicated the decision by Northumberland FA Limited to remove the sanction of Northumberland Junior Football League Limited. On the two grounds for appeal, the FA Appeals board ruled:
1. The appeal against the process Northumberland Football Association Limited followed did not follow due process. This was dismissed by the Appeals board.
2. The appeal that the removal of sanction by Northumberland Football Association Limited was excessive. This was upheld by The FA Appeals board.
The following orders were put forward by The FA Appeal board;
- The withdrawal of the sanction of Northumberland Junior Football League Limited was set aside.
- Northumberland Football Association Limited will have a presence on the board of Northumberland Junior Football League Limited.
- All future discipline issues within the league should be notified to and handled by Northumberland Football Association Limited.
- All suspensions imposed by Northumberland Junior Football League Limited are to be set aside and any further disciplinary action against individuals should be dealt with by Northumberland Football Association Limited.
- Costs of £750 to be covered by Northumberland Football Association Limited.
Our actions were taken in the best interests of youth football in the county and were designed to ensure that the game is safe and enjoyable for all involved. We remain committed to these objectives and will continue to strive to ensure they are delivered by our members.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Andrew Cook via Andrew.Cook@northumberlandfa.com or on 07921144906.