Complete Your FA Level 2 by October!
This nationally recognised qualification will take the learner on a journey through the core components of the England DNA.
This nationally recognised qualification, awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications will take you on a journey through the core components of the England DNA – How We Coach, How We Play, How We Support and The Future Player, helping you to begin shaping or refining your own coaching philosophy.
The course is made up of 20 guided learning, face-to-face workshops covering a range of topics linked to the England DNA, split into three blocks of learning (Block 1 – How We Coach, Block 2 – How We Support and The Future Player, Block 3 – How We Play). You will also receive up to two support visits between blocks to develop you in your own coaching environment.
Block 1 - How We Coach
- Course introduction, FA Level 1 review and consolidation
- Role of the coach / coaching philosophy
- The social corner
- Helping players learn
- Self esteem
- Practice spectrum
- Developing skill
Block 2 - The Future Player & How We Support
- Course introduction, Block 1 review and consolidation
- Player potential
- Managing difference
- Developing behavior
- Managing mistakes
- The physical corner
Block 3 - How We Play
Course introduction, Block 1 & 2 review and consolidation
- In possession 1
- In possession 2
- Out of possession 1
- Out of possession 2
Prior to registration, learners must:
• be accurately identified
• be at least 16 years of age
• have completed the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football
• be able to communicate effectively in English (this includes listening, speaking, reading and writing).
• hold an in date FA Level 1 Introduction to First Aid in Football (IFAiF) (previously known as FA Emergency Aid)
• hold a current certificate for The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop, The FA Safeguarding Children How We Support or The FA Online Safeguarding Children Recertification
• regularly coaching a group of players in England who are aged u7+ and whom regularly play in organised/competitive fixtures in order to complete the assessed project and thus be eligible to complete the qualification
• Develop an understanding of yourself as a coach, your players and the game itself
• Develop game-like practices which incorporate decision-making while remaining enjoyable
• Plan, deliver and evaluate a series of progressive football coaching sessions independently
• Consider the age, ability, maturity and experience of players in your care
Venue – Northumberland FA HQ
Block 1 – April 2019
Monday 8th April – 9am-5pm
Tuesday 9th April – 9am-5pm
Wednesday 10th April – 9am-5pm
Thursday 11th April – 9am-5pm
Block 2 – August 2019
Wednesday 7th August – 9am-5pm
Thursday 8th August – 9am-5pm
Friday 9th August – 9am-5pm
Block 3 – October 2019
Monday 28th October – 9am-5pm
Tuesday 29th October – 9am-5pm
Wednesday 30th October – 9am-5pm
For a limited period of time, this course comes with a Sport England Bursary which enables us to offer you the full Level 2 course (Blocks 1,2 & 3) for just £300 – A SAVING OF £50! In addition to the blocks of learning, the course also includes in situ visits from your Tutor who will come to your training venue to support you working with your players until you are signed off as a Level 2 coach!
To take advantage of this offer and book your place on this course, please call 0191 2700700 (option 1 for administration). Places will be offered on a first come first served basis so don’t miss out.