Job Title: Equal Game Ambassador – Women & Girls Football
Location: Northumberland FA
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd November
Vacancy Type: Casual Contract. 50 hours per contract.
Roles Available: (1)
Northumberland FA are looking to recruit an Equal Game Ambassador for an exciting new role to support women and girls football. Northumberland FA aims to continue harnessing the passion for female football and are excited to continue investing in additional support for local women and girls football. This casual role also demonstrates the County FA’s commitment to implementing the “Football for All” key point within the current Inspiring Positive Change 2024 strategy.
You can find out more about Northumberland FA and the work we do on our website at www.northumberlandfa.com
Safeguarding (include this section for roles in regulated activity only).
Northumberland FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
Northumberland FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots football to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls at their respective clubs.
- Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’
- Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
- Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
- Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
- Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
What we can offer
- Become an integral part of dedicated staff working within women and girls football Northumberland county.
- Access to high-quality training, networking and personal development opportunities.
- A varied and exciting working life, where you’ll learn about all aspects of grassroots football.
- Holiday entitlement.
- Other benefits.
Equality and Diversity
Northumberland FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process
- Wednesday November 23rd - Complete the Application Form and Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form and return to Lloyd Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5pm on November 23rd. Applications received after deadline will only be considered in exceptional circumstances e.g. proof of posting indicates undue delay through no fault of the applicant.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Lloyd Miller (email@example.com) for an informal discussion.