Northumberland FA are looking for 4 more Community Clubs to join our Inclusion Hub program, especially if your club is in:
- Newcastle (West End)
- North Northumberland (Ashington to Berwick)
- West Northumberland (Hexham, Ponteland, etc.)
The Northumberland FA Inclusion Hubs (NFA Inclusion Hubs) are a recreational turn up and play pan-disability session for either 6-11 year-olds or 12-16 year-olds. The hubs are to support Clubs provide an opportunity for Special Educational Needs (SEN) who might not already be playing mainstream football to play football. We currently have 3 clubs hosting NFA Inclusion Hubs and have already seen Cramlington United Juniors affiliate the first youth disability team from the players who have attended.
The NFA Inclusion Hubs also help clubs develop their disability pathway, supporting clubs become 3 Star England Football Accredited. They have also helped develop links between grassroots clubs and schools, with Blyth Spartans hosting two sessions each week during term time for schools part of the WISE Academy group in Blyth. Forest Hall Juniors FC have had similar success linking with Benton Dene Primary school.
Come and join Blyth Spartans, Cramlington United Juniors, Forest Hall Juniors and Wallsend BC in growing opportunities with grassroots clubs for children and young people with disabilities and special educational needs.
The aim for 2023/24 season is to bring the total number of recreational disability hubs up to 8. The criteria for applying:
- 2 or 3 Star England Accredited Football Club
- FA Qualified coaches with DBS and Safeguarding
- A sustainable plan beyond 2023/24 on how to develop your disability pathway
- Be able to deliver your first session by 25th October 2023
- Commit to registering participants on the FA Events Platform
In return Northumberland FA will provide:
- £300 (£150 after first session and £150 in March 2024)
- Free places on Disability CPD events
- Coach Support Group
- Free Entry to Summer Festival 2024
This is an exciting season for youth disability football in the county, as we look to host our first youth disability football festival in July 2024 at our brand new facility at St. Peters. We want you to be part of this celebration, as we help create the foundation for sustainable youth disability football.
Inclusion Hub Club 2023-24