Northumberland FA is delighted to announce further support for female football here in our county.
The FA has recently introduced new roles to support the growth of female football and have invested heavily to create the introduction of 2 brand new roles (casual). The two roles of Equal Game Ambassador and FA Coach Mentor will look to further support women and girls football across a wide range of club and coaches areas. The respective roles will directly support female football and have slightly different aims and objectives each season here in Northumberland.
The Equal Game Ambassador will work directly with England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the “Equal Game Training” to support the creation and execution of their unique female football game plan. This outlines new club-based opportunities for female players which may include new playing provisions, coaching development, volunteering roles, and creating safe environments.
Equal Game Ambassador – Cyra Carne
- Support with engagement at every level of the club to maximise and sustain opportunities for female players
- Signpost and support clubs with relevant funding and coach development opportunities via County FA (Lionesses Coach Development Programme and Coach the Coach)
- Support clubs to sustain and build effective relationships with relevant local partners such as charitable organisations, educational establishments and other key partners
FA Coach Mentor – Claire Buzzeo
- Support the development of coaches in grassroots football (Intentional/Potential coaches; I2CF, and coaches looking to undertake UEFA C Licence)
- Support the delivery of The FA National Game Strategy
- Develop and deliver a programme of support for coaches within Grassroots Football, promoting the England DNA
Cyra Carne mentioned that "Being involved as an equal game ambassador is an exciting opportunity to work with clubs in the area to help grow their female provision. I am excited to share ideas and best practises to help clubs overcome the challenges they may face and support clubs in making football more accessible for girls of all abilities and backgrounds. Furthermore I believe this role is an excellent opportunity to learn from clubs and the fantastic provisions they may already provide."
Claire Buzzeo added "I'm extremely excited for the opportunity to offer on the ground support to other female coaches in developing their knowledge, confidence & delivery skills within the grassroots game". Claire will commence her role on the ground in the coming weeks and more information will be communicated shortly. Female coaches from our well established Lionesses Coach Development Programme will be a targeted audience for our FA Coach Mentor support.
Both Cyra and Claire will be deployed with the support of Lloyd Miller - Football Development Officer (Women and Girls) in our region.
If you have any questions regarding either above role or womens and girls football opportunities – please contact Lloyd directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).