Board Directors Required
Northumberland FA is inviting applications to join the Board of Directors at Whitley Park. We are looking for individuals with skills and experience in the following areas;
- Growth & Retention
- Health & Safety
Please review the role profiles below to work out whether your skills, knowledge, experience and behaviours could be applied to one of our new Director positions.
These are exciting times for the County FA as we are on the verge of our next business planning cycle from 2021 through to 2024. The successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in helping the County to deliver this.
This is a volunteer role in which you will be expected to attend Board meetings at least 12 times per year and to collaborate with Board Directors and other stakeholders in the strategic development of the organisation.
What can we offer?
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a forward- thinking progressing business
- To work with key stakeholders within grassroots and the professional game
- Access and commitment to personal development and training opportunities
Northumberland FA is a not for profit organisation, with charitable status, which invests in the development of opportunities for anyone to take part in the game. We are committed to equality and safety in the game to ensure everyone’s experience in the game is judged as excellent. The County FA operates across the local authority areas of Northumberland, Newcastle upon Tyne and North Tyneside to work within the structure of the affiliated game. We provide guidance on all aspects of football including safeguarding, coaching, funding, training and discipline, and ensure that all participants can take part safely.
Volunteering as a Board Director
- Board meetings are usually held at Whitley Park, Whitley Road, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne however meetings are also accessible via Microsoft TEAMS.
- For more information about our Board and Staff please visit our website - here for our board and here for staff.
- Each Board member will champion a section of our business, successful applicants will be expected to work alongside relevant staff members to provide strategic input into the direction of the company, champion change around the Board table and help drive forward the successful implementation of the CFAs business plan.
How to apply
Please apply by completing all sections of the online application form here - alternatively complete the ‘Board Director Application Form’ below and submit to Steve_ord1@outlook.com
- Complete the application form and submit no later than 17:00 on Friday 25 September 2020. Applications after this time will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
- Please complete our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form below, this is only to monitor anonymised diversity data for the purpose of ensuring equality of opportunity. This can be submitted via email to Andrew.Cook@northumberlandfa.com
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Tuesday 29 September 2020 to arrange a mutually convenient interview time.
- Interviews will be held on Monday 05 October 2020 and Tuesday 06 October 2020, we will try and accommodate requests for alternative dates however this may not be possible due to availability.
- Successful candidates will be informed by Wednesday 07 October 2020.
If you have any questions on the roles please contact Chairperson Steve Ord on 07702 067570 or via Steve_ord1@outlook.com
Football Growth Retention Champion
Board Director Application Form